What to expect:
Typically, first appointments last for about one hour and follow-up appointments last 30-60 minutes depending on the extent of the program (most are about 45 minutes). It is helpful if you can print and fill out the following forms and bring them with you to your first appointment.
During the initial visit, the physical therapist will go over your history with you and do a physical exam of your injury area. Once this is completed, they will do an abbreviated treatment to get you started. This will include instruction in a home management program so that you can be doing things on your own to manage the problem. The treatment may also include some treatment with modalities, manual therapy, and therapeutic exercises depending on what is indicated for your condition and the time available.
What to wear:
Wear appropriate clothing that either allows us to get at the involved area or bring clothes to change into that will. For example, you may need to wear shorts for a leg/foot problem or a tank top for an upper arm problem. For shorts we recommend you bring your own "gym" shorts, but we do have some that you can borrow if needed. For neck and back problems, you will typically need to use one of the gowns we provide.
Physical therapy typically involves a series of treatment sessions that will vary depending on the nature of the problem and what involvement your referral requested. Typically, we will start with 2-3 sessions weekly and reduce the number of sessions as progress is made. With severe cases, we may start with daily sessions and with less severe cases, we will start with once weekly sessions.
Please review our "Notice of Privacy Practices" policies.... Click Here
Follow the links below for more information:
- 1st Visit Video - this video outlines what to expect before and during your first visit with us.
- Medical Library - get information on the conditions we treat and how we treat them.
- Patient Forms - save time on your first visit by downloading and completing the patient forms before you go in for your appointment.
- Insurance - get information on the insurance carriers with which we work.
- Testimonials - read the nice things people have to say about us.
- Links - outside resources with information on physical therapy and other health related topics.
- FAQ - answers to commonly asked questions on what to expect when you come in for your first visit.
- News - get the latest physical therapy news.