Treatment for cancers of many types can lead to short and long-term issues related to surgery and the effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Physical therapy aims to address these problems with education, rehabilitation, exercise, and emotional support.
Our goal is to improve our patient’s quality of life for the months and years after a cancer diagnosis.
Common Issues We Treat
- Fatigue and weakness
- Pain and neuropathy
- Stiff joint motion
- Stiff skin, scars, and soft tissue mobility
- Lymphedema (swelling)
- Axillary web syndrome
Treatments We Provide
- Hands-on techniques for stiff skin, scars, soft tissue, and joints
- Supervised strengthening, conditioning, and stretching
- Complete decongestive therapy to address lymphedema
- Compression garment fitting and recommendations
Want to learn more?
If you would like to learn more about our cancer rehabilitation programs, please visit one of the links below:
- Breast Cancer Management
- Prostate Cancer Management
- Head and Neck Cancer Management
- Abdominal and Pelvic Cancer Management
- Management of Lymphedema Related to Cancer Treatment
- Lymphedema Management
- Strength After Cancer Program
- Kitsap Survivors Program